[Scilab-Dev] Matio dependency (Fedora)

Simone Mannori Simone.Mannori at inria.fr
Wed Apr 16 13:56:24 CEST 2008

Hello:

for Fedora user "libmatio-dev" is NOT packaged :

download source code from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/matio

unpak it

"tar xjvf matio-1.3.2.tar.bz2 "

change folder

"cd matio-1.3.2"

"./configure"

"make"

switch to super-user with

"su"

then

"make install"

very paranoiac user like me run also

"/sbin/ldconfig"

With this procedure Scilab's

"./configure"

will detect automatically the installed library... and everybody will
live and prosper ;)

Simone

P.S. Yes: I like compile Scilab ;)