[Scilab-Dev] building on x64

Enrico Segre enrico.segre at weizmann.ac.il
Thu Apr 17 10:14:10 CEST 2008

Hi Sylvestre,

> Jumping on your message. Which Linux are you using ? Intel or AMD CPU ?

for what matters, CentOs5.1 on quadcore Intel(R) Xeon(R) E5345

> I tried again. I can compile macros but even the nwni is crashing at the
> end of the init (wrong size pointer) with a 64 bits intel.

This is more or less as far as I could get too for a long time, until a
couple of months ago, then the problem autosolved - in the sense that I
became able to launch the shell some 1 times every N (with N-1 different
possible segfaults picked at random - isn't this a hint of thread
insanity?). At that point I reported the bunch of bugs ~2820-2840, which
are almost all still open.

Good luck, Enrico