[Scilab-loc] setlanguage

Vorona Aleksey voronaam at yandex.ru
Tue Aug 5 18:01:04 CEST 2008

I am going to post my test results too. This is first result for current SVN build (rev.26421)

All is clear from screenshots:
http://voronaam.ru/scilab/trunk.png
http://voronaam.ru/scilab/trunk_w.png

Main menu is disabled. Russian input works, output doesn't work. xtitle() works. About
dialog doesn't work.

P.S. Thanks Allan for build help.

-- Aleksey

Yung-Jang Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have check effect of setlanguage('fr_FR') under WindowXP/zh_TW, and
> Linux/zh_TW.big5, Linux/zh_TW.utf8. The banner messages are changed as
> expected, but the menu items remain in Chinese.
>
> Also, the menu items are always in disable status. Is it the same for
> other  languages (en_US,fr_FR) ?
>
> WBR,
>
> YungLee
>
> 2008/8/4 Allan CORNET <allan.cornet at scilab.org>
>
>>  Hi,
>>

>> I added possibility to set your default language in scilab.
>>

>> Example :
>>
>> setlanguage('fr_FR')
>>
>> you switch to French, you need to restart scilab if you want to update
>> menus.
>>

>> At the next restart of scilab , language by default will be 'fr_FR'
>>

>> If you want to use system default : setlanguage("")
>>

>> I am very interested , if you can check with others languages as 'ru_RU'
>> and 'zh_TW'
>>

>> On Windows, I advise to update  your prerequirement  (svn://
>> svn.scilab.org/scilab/trunk/Dev-Tools/SE/Prerequirements/Windows)
>>

>> Thanks you
>>

>> Best Regards
>>

>> Allan CORNET

WBR,