[Scilab-Dev] linux 64 bits support

Simon Lipp simon.lipp at scilab.org
Thu Aug 28 16:38:37 CEST 2008

Updated patch, to allow to reduce stack size.

With this patch and current trunk (rev 27054), most tests behave the
same as on a 32 bits machine. Exceptions are:
 * all tests of metanet, which seems to randomly raise a Java exception
in an AWT thread. I possibly got the same thing on 32 bits, but the log
file was deleted so I can't be positive... It happens ~5% of the time
(~3 erros on 60 tests, not on the same test) on 64 bits ; if it
effectively happens on 32 bits, it's far more rare.
 * scicos still doesn't work
 * in module graphics, bug_3250 and bug_2458 tests . bug_2749 fails on
64 bits and not 32 bits, but I don't trust values returned by getmemory
anyway (not only on 64 bits) -- Sylvestre can't disagree with that ;).
 * I didn't test pvm, dynamic_link and localization

Simon