[Scilab-Dev] Scipad: Button width short for chinese in some dialogs

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Fri Dec 19 17:51:01 CET 2008

Yung-Jang Lee said on 19/12/2008 14:31:
> Several button width of Scipad dialog are not enough to display
> chinese. I send their screen snap to you with marks for short buttons.

Thanks, I see the bug also.
I have already traced this to something I believe is a bug in Tk
itself. I'll investigate more and keep you posted here.

> For these buttons, a scale  to 1.2 of original width is enough for most
> cases.

As a last resort fix, maybe, but it would be too bad.
I have made some efforts in the Scipad code to set the same width for
stacked buttons (looks nicer in the GUIs).

I'll dig more.

Francois