[Scilab-Dev] SEP#12: Scipad - Add support for encodings

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Tue Dec 30 23:19:50 CET 2008

Yung-Jang Lee said on 28/12/2008 07:59:
> Encoding 'ISO-8859-1" must  also be in the default MRU listing,because
> almost all Scilab source codes are encoded in 'ISO-8859-1". Developers
> of non-Latin-1 languages need this one to edit Scilab macros.

Agreed.

> And if SciPad open file through "File/open source of" menu item, the
> file encoding must be fixed to 'ISO-8859-1" rather than the one selected
> from "Option/Encoding" menu item.

Agreed. "File/Open source of" will ignore the encoding selected in the
"Options/Encoding" menu. The file read through this command will use
iso8859-1 and switch Scipad to use this encoding for reading the file.

I'm currently preparing a new version of SEP#12. I will release it ASAP.

Francois