[Scilab-Dev] TCL : Milestone and further investigations.

mottelet at dma.utc.fr mottelet at dma.utc.fr
Tue Feb 12 09:37:15 CET 2008

> - Recursive commands using ScilabEval & TCL_EvalStr are working.
> (For this issue, can you Francois and Enrico tell me the need of such a
> think. I guess it was for some synchro
> but I confess it looks obscure to me)

Not obscure, but vital

As far as I am concerned : when you have a Tk gui with
a ScilabEval callback, for example on a button, which has to
make some computations (this is Scilab's job) and display the
result back in the gui, then there is no other way : the callback
script, which is called from Tk by ScilabEval, must use a
TCL_SetVar.

My 2 cents...

S.