[Scilab-Dev] TCL : Milestone and further investigations.

fvogelnew1 at free.fr fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Tue Feb 12 14:15:08 CET 2008

Selon fvogelnew1 at free.fr:
> Selon Bruno JOFRET <bruno.jofret at inria.fr>:
> > It fixes BUG 2514 and 2640 (for me, do you all agree ?).
>
> I think it does, I remember having checked some weeks ago (was however not
> perfect I think), but I can't check on Linux right now since I'm far away
> from home.

After all even bug 2514 is not completely fixed. Test case:

1. Open Scilab 5.
2. Open Scipad
3. type debug(-1) in the Scilab console (just so that you can see what's
happening)
4. In Scipad type anything having a help file, say the word function
5. Place the cursor in Scipad somewhere inside the word function
6. Hit Ctrl-F1

This launches a ScilabEval command having "help ""function""" as string, and
with no option.

In the shell you can see:

 TCL_EvalScilabCmd help "fu
     (end) nction"

-->

Note that the help widget doesn't open at this stage.

7. Now hit enter in the Scilab shell.

The following gets displayed:

   Unqueuing help "functio
     (end) n" - No option

-->

and the help widget opens at last.

Conclusion: you still have to fiddle in the Scilab hell in order to have the Tcl
commands get executed.

Francois