[Scilab-Dev] Tcl and Scilab Event loop

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Mon Jan 21 21:48:40 CET 2008

Hi all,

It's now ten days since I have provided my thoughts about the message
Bruno Jofret sent on 11/01/08 about having the Tcl event loop in a
separate thread. There was also an answer from Enrico on that same topic.

Since then we have not heard from you on the Tcl/Tk topic. What do you
think about our feedback? Did you go ahead, cooking some wonderful
solution? Is the current implementation in trunk something you
consider final? Or did you perhaps just give up and plan to revert to
the previous event loop?

Could you please say what you intend to do, especially in the time
frame of "January 2008". This is indeed the advertised tentative
release date for Scilab 5 alpha on your site:
http://www.scilab.org/developers/index_developers.php?page=roadmap_5.0.

Thanks for an update.
Francois