[Scilab-Dev] Scilab 5 on Solaris

Jonathan Blanchard BlanchardJ at ieee.org
Fri Jul 11 17:00:43 CEST 2008

Hmm about the source tree I was not able to compile scilab correctly
when the compile directory was not the source directory. so I had to
run ./configure in the scilab source directory else some header file
where not found. About sun ld there are some incompatibilities between
gnu ld and sun ld. For example gcc must be built using sun ld. I
suppose that it would be possible to configure Scilab to use a
different linker by using the --without-gnu-ld and
--with-ld=/path/to/sun/ld but in my case I just replace the gnu ld
executable  by the sun equivalent.

Also one last question. Even if I do not run make install is it
suppose to run from the compiled directory? I tried running it from
there and it sais an error about not being able to bind localization
and the defaulting the the English local then followed by a core dump.
I am not on my Solaris machine right now so I do not have the exact
textual error but I will post it later today. I will also try
compiling it with an official gcc release instead of the 4.4.0
snapshot.

Regards,

Jonathan Blanchard