Adding or removing files in trunk

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Wed Jun 18 22:39:11 CEST 2008

Hi opteam,

In the recent days several issues showed up in the bugzilla about
missing files in the distribution. See bugs 3003 and 3157.

I think these problems arise partly because we external developers
have no guidelines (AFAIK) wrt what makefiles or innosetup files
should be updated when new files are added in or removed from the
repository.

For instance on Linux I can never remember whether makefiles should be
modified by hand or if they are regenerated by autotools. I think it's
the the latter on Linux, but then why this commit:
http://viewvc.scilab.org/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi/?view=query&dir=&file=&file_match=exact&who=collette&who_match=exact&querysort=date&hours=2&date=explicit&mindate=2008-06-18+13%3A00%3A00&maxdate=2008-06-18+15%3A00%3A00&limit_changes=100
On Windows/Innosetup I think it's a manual process?

Wouldn't it be a good idea to write a wiki page on this topic?

Please consider, it can only improve our (external devs) input. Thanks.

Francois