[Scilab-Dev] Localization Scilab / Scipad

Enrico Segre enrico.segre at weizmann.ac.il
Mon Jun 30 09:44:05 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 21:40 +0200, Claude Gomez wrote:
> on 29/06/2008 10:42 Enrico Segre wrote:
>
> > Perhaps what you want is that at first run of scilab (no scipad
> > preference file existing yet) the default scipad language matches that
> > of scilab?
>
> Yes it is exactly the behavior I would like to have.

Then, modulo language sets mapping, that should amount just to a

if { ![info exists lang] }
   { ScilabEval "TCL_SetVar(\"lang\",getlanguage(),\"scipad\") }

at line 226 of SCI/modules/scipad/tcl/defaults.tcl. Modulo mapping,
because en_US should be mapped to "eng"  and fr_FR to fr and what comes
up next to what proper. Actually, it would be about time that we abandon
the inherited calling of en "eng", I see no point in continuing to do
that.

As a matter of fact, for me

-->getlanguage
 ans  =