[Scilab-Dev] Scilab under MacOSX

Simone Mannori Simone.Mannori at inria.fr
Wed Mar 5 09:57:39 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 09:53 +0100, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am starting to work on a MacOSX release of Scilab.

Scilab 5, I suppose :)

> I don't know if we will be able to release it with the Windows/Linux
> offical version of Scilab 5.0 but we will do our best.
> And yes, we will probably support it as an official release.
>
> Before I go deeper, is there any comments/ideas ?

The new macs uses intel CPU, but there is a HUGE base of potential
Scilab 5.x users and developers that continue to use "traditional" PPC
Macs (just like my Powerbook G4).

Using the "universal binary" the additional work should be minimal.

> Does anyone want to be involve ?

Yes. I can do testing, reports, docs, ... and more: it is up to you ;)

My dual boot (OSX, Ubuntu) Mac(PPC) is ready, updated and moderately
hot ....

> For now, I am using Darwin ports to install dependencies + Xcode +
> hpc.sf.net stuff [1] and I started a page on the wiki [2].

Good idea. THX