Commit 23351 about the Tcl event loop

fvogelnew1 at free.fr fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Wed Mar 5 16:16:52 CET 2008

Hi,

I have noticed commit 23351 from Bruno Jofret, and I see three points to raise
about it.

1. This commit:

http://viewvc.scilab.org/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi/trunk/scilab/modules/core/src/c/syncexec.c?limit_changes=0&r1=23350&r2=23351

has changed a fix that Serge has made for bugs 2455 and 2384.

a. Did you check that those bugs do not show up again?

b. What is the reason for overriding what parse has set in the interruptible
flag?

2. In the same commit, we can now read this:

http://viewvc.scilab.org/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi/trunk/scilab/modules/scipad/tcl/scilabexec.tcl?limit_changes=0&r1=23350&r2=23351

 # Bruno : Communication between Scipad and Scilab through
 # TCL global interp is not a clever idea...

I will check this in depth, but I think I remember it didn't work correctly when
the scipad Tcl interpreter was used, that's why I had to use the global Tcl
interp.

Anyway, Bruno Jofret, could you please elaborate on why you say it's not clever?

3. Still in scilabexec.tcl:

ScilabEval_lt "flush"

must be useless since all the previous ScilabEvals use "sync" "seq".

If your changes do no longer work when you remove the flush, then it means that
the sync option of ScilabEval does not work.

Looking forward to read your answers.

Francois