[Scilab-Dev] Commit 23351 about the Tcl event loop

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Sat Mar 8 00:06:42 CET 2008

Bruno,

Thanks for having answered. Much appreciated.

Bruno JOFRET said on 07/03/2008 17:30:
> It seems ok for me. Can you check it back ?

I tried with the most up-to-date Scilab svn. It's OK for me (on Windows).

> I am a bit busy for now, I promiss to write some documentation about the
> new Tcl behaviour.

OK, noted ;-)

> To put it shortly, we have now a separated thread for Tcl stuff.
> And those commands were making reentrant call so that we stay in a
> deadlock process.

Not sure I understand you here, but you said you would detail this
later, which is fine for me.

> I guess it is the same issue with debug mode.

Ditto.

>> 3. Still in scilabexec.tcl:
>>
>> ScilabEval_lt "flush"
>>

> Oups... My mistake...
> It was only a debug/investigation purpose.
> It works fine for me without this. Is it ok for you too ?

It must work without it anyway.

Good luck for the upcoming changes in the Tcl loop. I have already
seen misc. improvements in the recent past, for instance there is no
need for me to hit enter in the shell any longer to make the event
loop move. This can be seen for instance when "Open source of...", or
when Ctrl-F& inside a word in Scipad. However the debugger is still
completely broken. Let me know if I can be of any help on this topic.

Francois