Migrating To Visual Studio 2008 on Windows

Allan CORNET allan.cornet at inria.fr
Thu Mar 13 10:51:15 CET 2008

Hi,

We are going to migrate Scilab solutions to Visual studio 2008 on Windows.

You can learn how to do build Scilab 5 with
Visual studio 2008 here:
http://wiki.scilab.org/Compiling_Scilab_5.x_under_Windows

We advise you to uninstall Intel compilers and VS
2005 before installing VS 2008 (Pro or Express).

What's new in Visual C++ 2008 is listed here:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb384632.aspx

For Scilab, the main improvements are:
-- Visual studio 2008 express is easier to
install (Visual C++ Express Edition now includes the Windows SDK )
-- Easier to build a x64 version
-- Scilab can be compiled more quickly with the support of several cores
-- Better support for Windows Vista and Windows 2008 Server.
-- C compiler supports Intel Core 2 duo optimizations.

We expect to migrate to Visual Studio 2008 Solution on Monday, 17th march 2008.

We will commit new Scilab solutions and you will
need to update your prerequirements for Scilab too.

Best Regards

Allan CORNET

Allan CORNET
Scilab Consortium
http://www.scilab.org
INRIA - Unité de Recherche de Rocquencourt
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex

Projet Scilab
Bâtiment 1B - Bureau 009