Detection of the documentation dep in the configure

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at inria.fr
Thu May 22 17:56:50 CEST 2008

Hello,

First, sorry for the HTML email, I am not an ascii art fan.

In the next few days/weeks, I am going to add some check on the
dependencies of the documentation.

Here is the list of the jar with the Debian/Ubuntu packages needed to
builded the help system [1]:

Jar
Package
Description
avalon-framework.jar
libavalon-framework-java
Common framework for
Java server applications
batik.jar
libbatik-java
xml.apache.org SVG
Library
docbook-xsl-saxon.jar
docbook-xsl-saxon
Java extensions for use
with DocBook XML
stylesheets (Saxon)
fop.jar
fop
XML to PDF Translator
fop-hyph.jar
fop probably

jeuclid-core.jar
???

jimi.jar
???

jing.jar
???

js.jar
rhino
JavaScript engine
written in Java
saxon.jar
libsaxon-java
The Saxon XSLT Processor
sci_doc_kit.jar
Internal

xmlgraphics-commons.jar
libxmlgraphics-commons-java
reusable components used
by Batik and FOP

 I am confident some deps could be removed (like Rhino or Avalon).

I would like to have your feedback on one thing.
For now, I think I will build the help by default during the compilation
process and an --without-documentation to disable it.
If the option is not activated, the configure will check that all the
dependencies are available.
How does it sound ?

Cheers,
Sylvestre

[1] Don't forget that the Java World intends to split into many small
libraries.