[Scilab-Dev] Gitview not updated?

Pierre MARECHAL pierre.marechal at scilab.org
Mon Nov 3 08:19:37 CET 2008

François Vogel a écrit :
> Pierre MARECHAL said on 02/11/2008 23:04:
>> François Vogel a écrit :
>>>
>>> OK, found, thanks.
>>>
>>> Btw, did you perhaps miss the other question I had yesterday:
>>>
>>> How can I see the commits in a remote branch, say origin/master
>>> without fetching or pulling them first?
>>>
>>> Francois
>> Hi François,
>>
>> I don't think it's possible because it's not the philosophy of a
>> distributed revision control : Every Git working directory is a
>> full-fledged repository with complete history and full revision
>> tracking capabilities. So why ask the remote repository ?
>> "git fecth" can't break your local build : This command downloads
>> objects and refs from the origin repository but not impact on your
>> working directory.
>
> Understood. Then, one I have fetched, how can I see the diff between
> the newly fetched commits and my local sandbox? I could not find this
> in the git help, I must have looked at the wrong place.
>
> Francois
"git log HEAD" shows commit logs in your working tree and "git log
refs/remotes/origin/HEAD" shows commit logs in the origin repository.

git log HEAD > /tmp/local ; git log refs/remotes/origin/HEAD >
/tmp/origin ; diff -w /tmp/origin /tmp/local

Pierre

Pierre MARECHAL
INRIA - Unité de Recherche de Rocquencourt
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Projet Scilab
Bâtiment 1B - Bureau 008