Image showing in Scilab 5

Shiqi Yu shiqi.yu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 04:45:37 CET 2008

Dear All,

I had a nice met with Dr. Serge Steer and Dr. Claude Gomez
on the Scilab Workshop in Liuzhou, China.
Serge Steer said Scilab will have a imshow function to show an image.
I remember Sylvestre Ledru also said that.

Now my toolbox SIVP uses Tcl/Tk for showing image,
and it's very inefficient. I'm not familar with Java.
It will take me a long time to add showing image function into the Scilab
Figure.
If Scilab Team can do that, it will be more efficient.
Several years ago, I was told that Scilab 5 will solve the problem.
I have waited it for many years, ;-) and many SIVP/SIP users also expect it.

Will Scilab Team put a high priority on it?

Regards,
Shiqi Yu