Disable Tk when making doc

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Fri Nov 21 01:38:08 CET 2008

Hi,

I've see the work today around disabling Tk when making doc.
I'm wondering what are the "issues when using Scilab through ssh".
Could you please explain?

I'm asking because I think it's strange you apparently only need to
disable Tk and not Tcl (that's what you did in the commits today). I
suspect the problem could perhaps be better fixed in Tk, but I can't
be sure since I don't know what's the problem exactly.

Also, I don't see a reason for keeping Tcl while disabling Tk. This is
certainly unexpected. Using Tcl without Tk is not the usual assumption
in Scilab. Even if this is only during make doc, overall there might
be a better fix that would not need yet another environment variable
to tune Tcl/Tk init.

Thanks for a few words of clarification.

Francois