[Scilab-Dev] Catch a ctrl+C

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Thu Nov 27 23:08:39 CET 2008

Collette Yann said on 27/11/2008 22:56:
>>> Just one question: what is the function of C2F(basbrk).interruptible ?

OK, here is what (I think) I know about this:

This variable has been introduced when the sync option of ScilabEval
has been added approximately 3-4 years ago.

Without this variable Scilab execution flow could be interrupted at
(almost) any time.

Now, it is possible to instruct Scilab to execute something without
being possibly interrupted. This is the case with ScilabEval "..."
"sync". Try the examples in help ScilabEval as a starting point to
understand this.

You can also have a further look at the internals in the source code.
Start in ScilabEval.c, dynamic_menus.c (especially the flag attribute
in the commandRec struct), and parse.c. When an uninterruptible
command is launched it gets executed in syncexec.

Francois