linux 64 bits support

Enrico Segre enrico.segre at weizmann.ac.il
Mon Sep 1 17:26:44 CEST 2008

> Attached files are the key files for 64 bits support, double check that
> they are the same... and that scimem64.c relocstack.f are really
> compiled (conditionnal compilation)

tomorrow, perhaps. By now I arranged a clean checkout with thirdparty/ +
the necessary jogl & C .so in bin/. I can compile neatly, get a slightly
more stable scilab gui (opens at first attempt), which I'm able to crash
anyway with little effort. I have seen so far

# Problematic frame:
# C  [libc.so.6+0x78350]  strlen+0x30

# Problematic frame:
# C  [libscigui.so.5+0x2da45]
_ZN29org_scilab_modules_gui_bridge16CallScilabBridge20setMessageBoxMessageEP7JavaVM_iPPci+0x105

# Problematic frame:
# C  [libscigui.so.5+0x193cb]  sci_messagebox+0x1cb

Besides, I would like to understand where the hell to put docbook in
order to compile the help.  --with-docbook=/usr/share/xml/docbook is
apparently not it, maybe I don't even have the right package. Anyway,
later on.

Thanks so far for the assistance,
Enrico