Scilab compilation cannot find header files.

Jonathan Blanchard BlanchardJ at ieee.org
Thu Sep 11 17:42:59 CEST 2008

Finally, I successfully built Scilab for Solaris. Thanks to the help I
received from this mailing list.

So here are a the few problems I ran into and the workaround I used.

First of all and most importantly I figured that VPATH build does not
work so it is imperative the scilab is configured and built inside
it's source directory. I think this should be added to the compilation
instructions.

Next building without tk does not seem to work as make complain that
rules are missing for some targets.

Finally I ran into some make problem when it complained that targets
rules where missing for some pdfs files in the differential equations
demos. I just deleted them from the makefile.am and ran autoreconf.
This issue seem to be fixed in TRUNK now I think.

So now Scilab is working including it's gui on x86 but it still
complain a bit at start up about localization but everything else look
fine.

I think I or someone else if anyone is interested should update the
wiki about building Scilab for Solaris.

Again thanks everyone for the help and a great piece of software.

Jonathan Blanchard