[Scilab-Dev] How to add features in Scilab Was: Gmp in scilab revisited.

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at inria.fr
Tue Sep 30 22:53:23 CEST 2008

Le mardi 30 septembre 2008 à 17:44 -0300, Jonathan Blanchard a écrit :
> Hmm I see. That would be interesting. Would writing this module or
> toolbox require that the people working on it sign the Scilab
> developer agreements or it could just be submitted as a whole using
> the proper license?
For a toolbox, you can do whatever you want. You pick up the license you like.
For Scilab, you have to sign a dev agreement but, since our legal
structure has changed, the old dev agreement must be updated. I will
have to get to you on this.

> I was saying to myself that by committing to doing this I might be
> exaggerating the amount of time I have free for this project. But I
> would really like to see this function in Scilab. So I was thinking of
> maybe implementing part of the GMP interface module using a temporary
> hack that would not require modification of the core Scilab code.
This would be the best move for now.
Btw, we are working on a packaging system for toolboxes (like
apt/urpmi/yast) which will greatly facilitate the diffusion of toolbox.