[Scilab-Dev] SEP #18: New Scilab Binaries

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Wed Apr 22 15:17:07 CEST 2009

Le lundi 23 février 2009 à 12:35 +0100, Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Here is the SEP #18. This could lead to important changes for Scilab.
> The aim of this SEP is to design new binaries.
This SEP has been implemented around the March 18th 2009 in the master.
I updated the document and changed the status to "Done".

Three binaries are now available under Linux:
- scilab - The current binary with no changes in the behaviour, ie nw &
nwni are still available
- scilab-adv-cli - The command line interpretor with graphic, gui and
help capabilities
- scilab-cli - The command line interpretor. Purely the numerical engine
of Scilab. Does not need Java to run.

I started a page about that:
http://wiki.scilab.org/Different_execution_modes_of_Scilab
which is going to be incorporated into the Docbook documentation.