[Scilab-Dev] Build Scilab-5.2.0 :: starting in graphic mode

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Fri Dec 25 20:27:30 CET 2009

Le mercredi 23 décembre 2009 à 17:43 +0100, Vergnes Nicolas a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I use scilab on a linux server x86_64 with RHE4 64b and using it in
> remote session on my Windows Desktop with puttyssh+cygwin Xorg server .
> - With the precompiled scilab-5.2.0 32bits I can now mix uicontrols and
> plot() with the alert message, but it works. With scilab-5.1.1 it
> wasn't.
Good to know ;)

> - The precompiled scilab-5.2.0 64bits dont working, when I launch scilab
> on my shell  nothing appends , no msg, no exit , nothing.
Could you start Scilab through a strace to see if anything interesting
appears in the trace ?

What happens if you try:
scilab-adv-cli -e plot3d
Does it fail to ?

> - I'm trying to build scilab 64b from sources and I have the same
> comportment than precompiled scilab-5.2.0 64bits.
>

> My environnement :
> I build scilab and all dependancies in the $SCI520 directory except for
> atlas.
> Non standard location for gcc 4.3 , jdk 1.5 , ant 1.7 and antlr, the
> environment is correctly configured for them.
>
> I build all dependancies in the $SCI520 directory except atlas, in order
> : pcre-8.00, tcl 8.5.8, tk 8.5.8, matio-1.3.3, hdf5-1.6.10,
> hdf-java-2.5, ocaml-3.11.1, fftw-3.2.2, atlas-3.9.20, lapack-3.2.1
>
> And for scilab-5.2.0 :
> I decompress scilab-5.2.0 sources and prerequirements-x86_64 archives
> And I remove the <src_scilab>/bin/libjhdf5.so
> I modify 2 files ( see "Build Scilab-5.2.0 :: Conflict with 2 includes"
> )
>
> $... configure .... && make -j3 & make install
>
> After make install I move "thirdparty" directory in
> $SCI520/share/scilab/
> And I copy <scilab_src>/bin/ libgluegen-rt.so  libjogl.so
> libjogl_awt.so  libjogl_cg.so on a directory in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> I think I need to build libgluegen-rt.so  libjogl.so  libjogl_awt.so and
> libjogl_cg.so to see if scilab starts better..
> $ ldd on them :
> libjawt.so => not found
> libCg.so => not found
> libCgGL.so => not found
>
> I dont know these libraries and they are not in the system.
I don't think they are mandatory (I am sure about libCg/libCgGL).

> antlr is in classpath but not identified ( because the filename is
> ant-antlr.jar ? )
antlr is not used anywhere is the build process of Scilab (it is a jogl dependency)

> $ make check is actually running and is ok until now except for atoms (
> behind proxy )
>

> $SCI520/bin/scilab -nogui works
>
> $SCI520/bin/scilab does nothing
>
> If I CTRL+C few seconds after the launching : no message
>
> If I CTRL+C after some minutes there is always this message :
> Could not create a Scilab main class. Error:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>         at
> org.flexdock.docking.props.RootDockablePropertySet.<clinit>(RootDockable
> PropertySet.java:17)
>         at
First time that I see this exception. It is reproducible each time ?
If it is the case, could you open a bug report ?