How to set an environment variable

Collette Yann ycollette at free.fr
Sun Jan 4 15:24:00 CET 2009

Hello,

I am trying to set an environment variable in the "parent shell" (the
one in which scilab has been launched) via scilab. It does not work yet.
I have tried:

-->setenv('PYTHONPATH','/home/collette')
-->unix('export PYTHONPATH=/home/collette:$PYTHONPATH')

But when I do an 'export' in my bash shell, the PYTHONPATH is not set.
I think this is because when I launched 'scilab', an inner shell is
launched and then the environment variable is set is this shell, but I
wanted to set the PYTHONPATH in the shell I used to launch scilab.

Happy new year,

YC