[Scilab-Dev] Running issue with Mac OS X [Was: Mac OS 10.5 Compilation issue]

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Tue Jan 13 10:23:01 CET 2009

Le vendredi 09 janvier 2009 à 19:20 +0100, Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Le lundi 05 janvier 2009 à 22:51 -0500, Eric E a écrit :
> >  Running scilab normally (i.e., without the -nw flag)
> > brings up the standard Scilab command screen, which appears to work
> > but won't accept any input from the keyboard.
> I have been able to identify the reason of this bug. It is caused by the
> Apple implementation of the Java Virtual Machine when the JVM is started
> from a Native Code.
Thanks to the Apple's Java mailing list. I have been able to fix this
issue.

The reason & the workaround are detailed here by Mike Swingler :
http://lists.apple.com/archives/Java-dev/2009/Jan/msg00062.html

And the patch:
http://gitweb.scilab.org/?p=scilab;a=commitdiff;h=2e89314c21daa142ad605437beb3428f12acc05e

This is fixing the issue.

There are a few remaining issues but nothing blocking.

Btw, Francois & other Tcl/Tk masters, do you know if X11 is mandatory
for Tk under Mac OS X ?

Cheers,