[Scilab-Dev] Scilab need a way to track variable deletion.

Antoine ELIAS antoine.elias at scilab.org
Fri Jan 23 11:08:55 CET 2009

Hi Jonathan,

My understanding :

a = your_custom_function_returns_pointer_to_scilab();
//this function allocates custom data and returns a pointer
typeof(a)
ans  =

pointer

//...
//do something
//...
a = 1;

At this moment you want to be inform of data removal for delete your data ?

I don't see any way to "overload" data removal mechanism in Scilab 5.x.
For the new kernel, we can keep in mind this feature to provide
mechanism to delete "external data".

Regards,
ELIAS Antoine
antoine.elias at scilab.org