[Scilab-Dev] Toolbox guide question

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Fri Jul 3 12:07:49 CEST 2009

Hello Guilherme,

First, I don't know if you are aware of it  but you will find a
toolbox_skeleton in Scilab installation (or source tree).
This is showing how it is done.

Le jeudi 02 juillet 2009 à 23:46 -0300, Guilherme Kunigami a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I was following this tutorial:
> http://www.scilab.org/product/index_product.php?page=toolbox_guide  to
> develop a sample toolbox. I'm not sure how to proceed to test this
> module, calling functions at /macro/ from Scilab for example. Do I
> have to write my own Makefile?
If you are dealing with macros, you don't to write a makefile.

If you are dealing with native code (C, fortran, C++...), you can do the
work thanks to the ilib_* functions.
Thee functions are creating Makefiles, detection compilers, building and

You will find some here:
http://gitweb.scilab.org/?p=scilab;a=tree;f=scilab/modules/dynamic_link/tests/unit_tests;h=c56fa2616ece7a8a2c24c3abb0aaf7ed4e699814;hb=HEAD
ilib_for_link*.tst
ilib_build*.tst

These function calls should be placed in the builder.sce.

Don't hesitate if you have any other questions.