What is the Fortran function maxvol ?

Vincent Lejeune vincent.lejeune at institutoptique.fr
Tue Jun 2 16:27:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

In SciLabs Fortran part of code, there is a "maxvol" function that come
several time, for instance in intdgesv3.f, intdgecon.f, sci_f_mucomp.f ...
The function is typically called this way :
LWORK=maxvol(10,'d')

(when the function is acting on complex, 'd' is replaced by 'z')
I am no Fortran expert, but I'd like to know what this function does. I
dont find its definition in scilab's git repository (I used nepomuk...), and I
didnt catch any results on any google search. I suspect this function has
to deal with some parallel activities, as it is frequently summoned
besides Lapack call...

Thanks for the help !