[Scilab-Dev] What is the Fortran function maxvol ?

bernard.hugueney at scilab.org bernard.hugueney at scilab.org
Mon Jun 8 15:15:57 CEST 2009

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 14:58:45 +0200, Sylvestre Ledru
<sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org> wrote:
> Le samedi 06 juin 2009 à 22:55 +0200, Vincent Lejeune a écrit :
>
>> By the way, what is the main difference between OS malloc() and SciLab
>> MALLOC ?
> Under Linux, it is some checks over the standard malloc function.
> However, it is important for Windows since it is going to use HeapAlloc
> which is faster than malloc under Windows.
>
> Sylvestre

Another difference that bit me is that malloc allows a size of 0 [*], while
MALLOC complains.

Regards,

Bernard

[*] as per fine manual: "If size is  0,  then  malloc()  returns  either
NULL, or a unique pointer value that can later be successfully passed to
free()."