Building Scilab with gfortran 4.3.3

Jonathan Blanchard BlanchardJ at ieee.org
Mon Mar 9 23:22:40 CET 2009

hi,

I get a weird error when building Scilab with gfortran from gcc 4.3.3.
The first Scilab statement that return a number return -0 but
everything work fine for subsequent commands.

Also this only happen when building with gfortran, tried it with
version 4.3.3 and 4.3.2 with same results.

Building with f77 work fine but has a weird dependency on libg2c.so
and I can't find the sources for that thing anywhere. If someone know
how to build that library from source I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jonathan Blanchard