[Scilab-Dev] SEP #1 ... what is a SEP (Scilab enhancement proposals)

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Fri Mar 13 16:41:28 CET 2009

Le vendredi 13 mars 2009 à 12:28 -0300, Jonathan Blanchard a écrit :
> Hmm a recursive sep.
;)

> Concerning the document proper I wonder if some informations about the
> license of a sep itself would be necessary. Some external contributor
> might prefer to keep copyright until an acceptance as it is done in
> other opensource project. The Scilab consortium might choose otherwise
> but this should be clearly stated,... I think.
We are going to communicate about license questions and copyright stuff soon!

> Next, do changes in the build process either from the core developers
> or suggested by an external contributor would require a sep.
It is a question ?
If it is the case, my point of view is that a SEP should be done as soon
as it changes something for the user.
For example, adding a warning flag to CFLAG won't need a SEP but
changing from autoconf to cmake would.

Sylvestre