[Scilab-Dev] regarding porting of scilab in MAC OS X

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at ecranbleu.org
Mon May 18 14:52:00 CEST 2009

On Mon, 18 May 2009 15:41:46 +0530, ravindra devagiri
<ravindra.devagiri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi scilab development team,
>     We are working on the porting scilab-5.1 in MAC OS X.
What do you mean by porting ?
Scilab has been ported under Mac OS X a few moths ago (still, it is an
alpha version)

> But we encounter
> some problems regarding dependencies. Because some of the dependencies
are
> not listed in fink( FINK is used for porting application in MAC OS X)
like
> libreadline, libpcre .
Hmmm, these two libs do exist under Fink.
However, I am pretty sure that others are missing. But since all the
dependencies are packaged under Debian
and fink is based on Debian tools, you might ask for a synchronization of
these packages against Debian's.

>we can not port scilab in fink without these
> dependencies. Can you please help me about these dependencies and can you
> specify any alternate dependencies for these packages.
Don't hesitate if you need more help.

Btw, you will probably be interested by
http://wiki.scilab.org/Compiling_Scilab_5.x_under_MacOSX