Matrix viewer/editor

sebastien at celles.net sebastien at celles.net
Sat Nov 7 18:45:17 CET 2009

Hello,

I'd like to know if the Scilab dev team could do something that could be
very usefull : a matrix viewer/editor.

The key features could be :
in the scilab command line writing

view M
(or viewmat M or show M)
will lauch a GUI that could be usefull for viewing the M matrix
(instead of using
the text only user interface)

moreover using an other command line (for example
editmat M
will lauch a GUI that could be usefull for editing the M matrix
(instead of using
the text only user interface)

I know that I can live without such a feature but it will be easier to
quickly have
a look at a quite big matrix and editing it.

An other idea could be to add a menu entry in "Applications"
"Edit List or Matrix"
will show a list of list or matrix variables (with size) currently used
User could click on one variable to edit it.

Some other features could also be useful such as being able of showing/editing
several list or matrix next to each other

Kind regards

Sebastien