[Scilab-Dev] jogl library problems.

Jonathan Blanchard BlanchardJ at ieee.org
Tue Nov 24 14:07:28 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Sylvestre Ledru
<sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org> wrote:
> Le vendredi 30 octobre 2009 à 08:26 +0100, Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
>
>> Le jeudi 29 octobre 2009 à 22:13 -0300, Jonathan Blanchard a écrit :
>
>> > checking for glTexParameterf in -ljogl... no
>> > configure: error: libjogl: Library missing (Cannot find symbol
>> > glTexParameterf). Check if libjogl - C/Java (JNI) interface for JOGL -
>> > is installed and if the version is correct. Note that you might have
>> > to update etc/librarypath.xml to provide the actual path the the JNI
>> > libraries.
>> >
>> > Considering that it was working before did Scilab changed the version
>> > of JOGL required? I tried both 1.1.1a and the 2.0 beta (or something
>> > since their website is confusing).
>> It is just that, on startup, I am checking also the jni library of jogl.
>> libjogl should be available to your linker.
> Jonathan, I don't know if you fixed the issue but I just encounter a
> similar problem.
> When libjogl.so is not explicitly linked against libGL.so, the configure
> fails to detect libjogl.so. I fixed in the 5.2 branch by adding -lGL to
> the LDFLAGS when checking the usability of libjogl.so
>
> Sylvestre
>

> --
> Sylvestre Ledru
> -------------------------
> The Scilab Consortium
> Digiteo
> Domaine de Voluceau
> Rocquencourt - B.P. 105
> 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
> France

Oh, Well I initially thought that it was a Solaris specific issue so I
patched configure.ac to include -lGL on my local copy. I also modified
the result of the test to include -lGL at build time but I am not sure
it is necessary nor desired. Excellent timing on that one though since
I made that fix just last night.

Jonathan Blanchard