[scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10

Langella Raphael raphael.langella at steria.cnes.fr
Wed Sep 16 11:37:04 CEST 2009

Sure

> Sorry, I missed that.
> It is failing also in nwni or nw ?
> If yes, could you try:
> strace -f -o LogFileForSylvester.log ./bin/scilab -nwni -e "exit()"
> If not
> strace -f -o LogFileForSylvester.log ./bin/scilab -e "exit()"
> and send me the log file

With nwni, it seems to work, so I made an strace without the option.
Here is the log. I killed it after a some time because it seemed to be
stuck in a loop (and the file was already 4MB)

>> But using mesa didn't solved the problem under Solaris 9, I still get
:
>> An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas: glXGetConfig
>> failed: error code GLX_NO_EXTENSION
> You should see if the glx is correctly configured/set on your Solaris.

I thought the whole point of using mesa was to have complete software
rendering. But I still need an X server with GLX support? I don't get
it.