longstanding configure problem

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Wed Dec 8 19:44:00 CET 2010

This refers to building the 5.3 branch from source on a Fedora 13 machine.

I've had this problem since October when I switched over to the 5.X series.
Whenever I:

  ./configure LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib64/atlas"

the config dies with:

  checking for fftw_plan_dft_r2c in -lfftw3... yes
  checking if PVM_ROOT has been set... no.  I will try to guess a value for it
  checking for pvmgetarch... no
  configure: error: Unable to find pvmgetarch in PVM_ROOT/lib or PATH

The solution is to:

  PATH=${PATH}:/usr/share/pvm3/lib ./configure LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib64/atlas"

It does not seem like ./configure should require the user to have
/usr/share/pvm3/lib in his path. Should I submit this as a bug?

Dean