Linear optimization and Scilab

Prof. Dr. Reinaldo Golmia Dante tiraduvidascefet at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 17:08:40 CET 2010

Hi Scilab developers,

I would like to suggest to you if a simple linear optimization function could be
implemented
in order to solve linear optimization problems.

I tried to integrate LPSOLVE with Scilab, but unfortunately, it was hard for me.

The manual called "Optimization in Scilab" seems complex to beginners because
starts
to show nonlinear optimization functions.

I would like to know how could I solve a simple linear problem using Scilab like
that:

Max 20*x1 + 24*x2;

such as:
3*x1 + 6*x2 <= 60;
4*x1 + 2*x2 <= 32;
x1, x2 >= 0;

Thank you in advance.

Happy New Year 2011 !

All best,
Reinaldo.

PS: I hope in 2011 Scilab has some owner LP functions. (smiles)