[Scilab-Dev] Improvement (?) of documentation: color_list

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Mon Feb 1 23:45:40 CET 2010

Hello Maximilian,

Thanks for your contribution.

Le lundi 01 février 2010 à 23:41 +0100, Maximilian Wendenburg a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> as I'm working a lot with Scilab I'd like to contribute sth. back to
> the community.
>
> I miss a color sample in the "color_list" manual page -- so here I
> send you a modified color list. Maybe it can be included into the
> Scilab documentation. The color names were extracted from the v5.1.1
> manual, then sorted with a "natural sorting algorithm" and used to
> create a table with hex codes (upper and lower case), decimal codes
> and a color sample.
>
> I can imagine that direct HTML is not useful to you, but I think the
> result would be useful for many users. So, if sth. must be changed to
> XML (for DocBook, e.g.?), please tell how I can help you in this case.
We are indeed using Docbook.
You can create the document with Serna [1] or XMLmind XML Editor [2]
(non free) and send it back to us.
It would be indeed helpful to have the actual color as example.

Thanks again for your proposal,
Sylvestre

> PS: while creating this list with Scilab I noticed 1) that the color()
> routine is pretty slow
What do you mean by "slow" ?

> and 2) that it requires the Graphic window to
> show up. Both points are pretty annoying.
Don't hesitate to submit bug reports.

Sylvestre
[1] http://www.syntext.com/products/serna/
[2] http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/