[Scilab-Dev] problem with function overloading

Samuel Gougeon Samuel.Gougeon at univ-lemans.fr
Wed Mar 10 15:52:46 CET 2010

----- Message d'origine -----
De : Samuel Gougeon
Date : 10/03/2010 15:24:

> Conclusion : The overload is called not only in case of unsupported
> default
> data types, but also in case of unsupported data size for supported
> data types.
By the way, this is why
1) %h_delete is indeed usefull ;)
2) there is no recursivity inside it. Indeed, delete() is called with a
scalar argument
   from %h_delete. Then, the primitive is called. and %h_delete is called by
  a delete(H) instruction only when H is not-a-scalar handle. There would be
  recursivity only if the inner delete() applied to a not-a-scalar
handle. It is not
  the case.

I do not remember having read anywhere in the doc that unsupported sizes of
supported data types can also be handled with overloading. Another effect of
confusion between "data type" (= property of the content) and data size
(or data format) (= property of the container).

SG