[Scilab-Dev] Compilation of 5.2.1 under ubuntu 9.10

Jean-Pierre Dussault Jean-Pierre.Dussault at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Mar 12 19:22:35 CET 2010

Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
> Le vendredi 12 mars 2010 à 11:11 -0500, Jean-Pierre Dussault a écrit :
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I wish to compile scilab 5.2.1, but the configure crashes with the
>> message:
>>         configure: error: libjhdf5: Library missing (Cannot find
>>         symbol h5JNIFatalError). Check if libjhdf5 - C/Java (JNI)
>>         interface for HDF5 - is installed and if the version is
>>         correct. Note that you might have to update
>>         etc/librarypath.xml to provide the actual path the the JNI
>>         libraries.
>> Can someone please point out a work around for this problem. I saw
>> that the library is provided under thirdparty, but have no idea on
>> what to change for having it detected.
>>
> The libjhdf5.so library should be available in the search patch of the
> library. You can put this lib into scilab/source/tree/bin/
> It should fix this problem.

Uh,  I don't quite understand "scilab/source/tree/bin"...

In SCILAB_HOME/bin, I have:

    dussault at dussault-laptop:~/import/TstScilab/scilab-5.2.1src/bin$ ls
    Atlas.spec  libgluegen-rt.so  libjogl_awt.so  libjogl.so  scilab-adv-cli
    bin.iss     _libjhdf5.so_       libjogl_cg.so   scilab      scilab-cli

    and it is readeable:
    -rw-r--r-- 1 dussault dussault  163604 2010-02-18 10:36 libjhdf5.so

Do I need to put it somewhere else?

Thx,

JPD