UI elements GSOC query

chirag at iitg.ernet.in chirag at iitg.ernet.in
Fri Mar 19 18:08:28 CET 2010

Hi
I want to develop the UI elements for scilab as shown on wikipage.
I intend to use GIWS to call java swing objects from c++ code.
And to get the feedback back i am thinking of making a seperate thread in
c++ which will wait for signal changes in Java variables and act
appropriately this way java gui will be able to provide feedback to c++
code or to scilab.

But I saw JIMS on wikipage and I think that can also be used but I am not
sure  because there is no documentation for JIMS . So can you please tell
me more about JIMS and can it be used for UI elements.

Thanks

Chirag