Ideas and Application for GSoC 2010

shankhs ch shankhsps at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 19:35:49 CEST 2010

Hi,
I hope its not too late to introduce myself to this list. I have been in the
mailing list for quite some time now. My name is Shankhoneer Chakrovarty and
I am a final year student pursuing B.Tech from Indian Institute Of
Information Technology.
One of my professors introduced me to FOSS ideologies and encouraged me to
take up FOSS development. I completed building up of Tibetan OCR ( Tibet is
a province of China near India China border ) which was released under
GPLv2.
My skillset includes working in C,C++ and Python. I mostly work in Linux (
Ubuntu is my favourite ) but I have dual boot system with windows as well.
The project I would like to work on under Scilab Consortium is Contributing
to Matlab to Scilab Conversion Tools. The main emphasis in this project
would be :

   - Increase the capability of the matlab to scilab tool by taking into
   account new functions in newer versions of scilab and synchronize the tool
   with the new version of matlab.
   - Clean up the code base to create better quality code
   - Create documentation and reports

The ways that I will carry out the task will be:

   - By updating the m2sci modules
   - By creating unitary tests to check the above mentioned points
   - Updating M2SCI converter kernel

My contact details are:

Email - shankhsps at gmail.com
IM me at the above id.