[Scilab-Dev] Serious bug in find()?

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Thu Nov 18 20:51:13 CET 2010

Serge Steer wrote:
> Le 17/11/2010 20:24, Dean S. Messing a écrit :
> > Before I submit this to Bugzilla I'd like your expert opinions: does the
> > following tickle a longstanding bug in find()?
> >

> I have tested your script with Scilab-4.1.2 and Scilab-5.3.0-beta-4
> under Linux (SuSe 11.2)  in both case no problem detected
> sum gives a finite result and  find(isnan(v)) returns an empty matrix.
>
> Please enter a bug report, but  give your OS configuration....

I shall do so.  I realised after I sent this off that I had forgotten
this info.  FYI, I'm running an up-to-date Fedora 13 system.

I cannot imagine what would cause this problem.  The only thing in
common between the two Scilabs I tried where that they were both
compiled from source with the same compiler (on the same system, of
course). (I had the scilab-4.1.1 source laying around).

I'll download the binary of 5.3.0 and try it with that too.

Dean