[Scilab-Dev] scilab-5.2.2 lapac-3.2.1 64-bit linux

bv bvl at btconnect.com
Mon Oct 25 17:19:19 CEST 2010

On Monday 25 October 2010 15:28:09 Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Le lundi 25 octobre 2010 à 15:23 +0100, bv a écrit :
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am attempting to compile scilab-5.2.2 on a computer with these:
> >
> > ------cpu amd64 - 2 cores
> > ------o/s 64-bit cblfs linux  kernel-2.6.32, gcc-4.4.2 kde-4.4.5
> > ------blas: atlas-3.9.25, lapack-3.2.1, ufmpack and other numerics
> >
> > ######### running configure ends as follows:-
> > checking for cblas_dgemm in -lcblas... yes
> > Atlas found
> > checking if LAPACK is available...
> > checking for cheev_... no
> > checking for cheev_ in -llapack... no
> > checking for cheev_ in -llapack_rs6k... no
> > configure: error: Impossible to find the LAPACK library.
> > ##########

first of all thanks  very much for you prompt response.

> Which distrib are you using ?
cblfs  ( http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/Main_Page )
compiled rom sources.  I have a pure 64-bit  (i.e. non-multilib) setup.
> Could you try to the actual lapack directory ?
I am unsure what you mean.   But If I could explain what I have done it might
be useful:

1:- I compiled   atlas3.0.25  for shared libraries with a recipe given at
 ( http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/atlas_install/ )

2 -I   built ufmpack and other numerics  using   the  atlas and lapac above.
I have more confidence in the static lib as  the  shared lib generation using
atlas/gfortran  is somewhat in transition (see below).

(As a point of information::  I started   with atlas3.9.23    and ended with
3.9.25  as   shared library generation with atlas using gfortran is somewhat
in transision.  In fact only last week atlas3.9.26/27
( http://sourceforge.net/projects/math-atlas/ )
 was released which has overhauled    the   shared-library build  setup

.
> with /usr/local/atlas/lib/
I have tried passing   either A or B below
A) --with-lapack-library=/usr/local/atlas/lib/liblapack.a
B) --with-lapack-library=/usr/local/atlas/lib/

in one instance I   from inside /usr/local/atlas/lib I did
mv  liblapac.so    /liblapac.soX
  to   remove the  iffy shared lib  befire running configure.

AND As I said recently  I tried compiling octave-3.3.52  and found problems
with the  lapack shared library.  But once I  passed
--with-lapack-library=/usr/local/atlas/lib/liblapack.a   to the configure
script Makefiles were generated and compilation was successful..  Could not
the same arranged for Scilab?

comments/suggestions will be much appreciated

sincrely
bv