[Scilab-Dev] SciLab for engineering libraries

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Wed Oct 27 04:15:12 CEST 2010

Hello,

Le dimanche 26 septembre 2010 à 16:09 -0400, Mr. Rosaire Francoeur a
écrit :

> Is there any future plans to develop and integrate engineering
> specialty libraries like civil engineering, electrical, mechanical,
> engineering, etc…? These could be developed and used by engineering
> students and engineers. I saw there are already few like wavelet,
> signal processing, …
By itself, Scilab should not grow much. We prefer to extend Scilab
capabilities through modules (for example available under ATOMS [1]).
However, I am sure Scilab and its ecosystem will extend its features in
such fields but you will need to be more specific on your interest.

Regards,
Sylvestre

[1] http://atoms.scilab.org/

--