XCos: custom menu entries

maarten.meijer maarten.meijer at controllab.nl
Sun Aug 7 22:04:43 CEST 2011

Hi all,

As promised, here a little update. I added a new link to the tools submenu,
which will lead to this dialog.

The list with a target selection is fed from XML-files stored in
subdirectories within /SCI/contrib/codegeneration/. In this files, the
location of the codegeneration library/macro is stored. In the future, I
would like to expand the dialog by showing descriptions of the selected
codegeneration method.

Right now, after selecting the default codegeneration, still a scicos menu
comes up:

I would like to integrate this scicos menu into the code generation dialog.
I think it convenient to pass additional parameters from the dialog to the
scicos macro by expanding the superblock object with the parameter
attributes. Then this superblock is passed to scicos by means of the
temporary input- and outputfile.

My question is, is it possible to access those newly attributes with scicos
code.

Besides, it is possibly possible passing this parameters using
asynchronousScilabExec and buildCall, what about that?

Any advice is appreciated,

Maarten