[Scilab-Dev] Performance tests - Scilab 5.3.0 Vs Scilab 5.3.0-SSE3

Michaël Baudin michael.baudin at scilab.org
Tue Feb 1 16:07:53 CET 2011

Hi,

These results are interesting. I updated the Tutorials page on the wiki,
in the section "Comparison of scientific technical softwares", which is
the "benchmark" section of this page.

Obviously, the Intel MKL already brings most of the speedup for linear
algebra, which leaves only a small space for other optimizations in this
field.

Do we agree on the conclusion that there is only a slight advantage,
i.e. < 1%, on these tests for Scilab/SSE3 ? What specific processor
instructions are brought by SSE3 that Scilab (actually the compiler)
could may use of ?

Best regards,

Michaël

--
Michaël Baudin
Ingénieur de développement
michael.baudin at scilab.org
Consortium Scilab - Digiteo
Domaine de Voluceau - Rocquencourt
B.P. 105 - 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Tel. : 01 39 63 56 87 - Fax : 01 39 63 55 94